Monday, October 31, 2005

Salam Aidilfitri...

1

It's a few days before we say farewell to holy Ramadhan and converge our welcomes upon the celebratory month of Syawal! Boy this year sure passes by so fast. I seems that just last week we started fasting and setting up ramadhan stalls, and now we're preparing for Aidilfitri and again the highways are flocking in with cars fluttering out of the city. That sacred 'Balik kampung' spirit has finally set in!

I have so much to tell during the last few days of which I've left this blog astray and ashamed of (;-p). Those involving raya preps, picking mom and the gang up as well as my movies outing with Lie and Azfar. So much that I've fell short of time to engage in a lengthty post for I'm quite busy with this raya occasion coming on. So I'll keep it short this time, I promise.

"Dalam kesediaan menerima kedatangan Syawal ini, ingin saya memohon seribu kemaafan dari hujung rambut hingga ke hujung jari daripada semua yang saya kenali, yang mengenali, dan yang pernah saya kasari. Sesungguhnya seseorang manusia itu tidak pernah lari dari melakukan kesilapan, namun memberi kemaafan memuliakan si empunya. Salam Aidilfitri, salam lebaran. Semoga Ramadhan tahun ini telah memberi pengertian yang lebih mendalam berbanding tahun lepas, dan semoga tahun ini Aidilfitri akan lebih bermakna. Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir Batin dari seluruh warga keluarga saya..."

To Afzal back in UK, have a warm Syawal this year. You might not have your family there with you, but you'll find that you're not that alone there after all. Home is where the heart subsides. Jangan ko pigi kasi habis semua tu cucur masa raya. Matei la jugak ko mau buat open-hse macam last year! Mama bilang ni tahun beraya di rumah Tony Blair jak..huhu..:-D


To all my friends, whom are too much to mention; have a prosperous Aidilfitri. Have a safe journey back home, and more importantly have FUN! To my lovely sweetheart Fifah, maaf zahir batin and have a great time back home. I miss you dearly and can't wait to see you after raya. To my present and previous lecturers, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri. This is the time to celebrate, to rekindle, to be reminded of your roots.

What's more to look forward to then those Raya movies on Era? Of course the tradition of giving out 'duit raya'!! As if I'm getting any this year. Well, who knows? I might be a grown-up physically but mentally I'm still 3. Honestly. I swear.

Be safe on the road, and be happy making the journey. Salam Lebaran.

-JeP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wei..suka ati aku la mau pakai cucur banyak2!aku pun mau raya jugak..:p

Have a great Aidilfitri celebration, remember me when u guys have those raya delicacies..:_(