Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Seriously, this is serious..!

The last following days are kinda weird; more awkward in a sense. I mean, really, really, realllllly awkward..

It turns out that one week from now will be our study week, and undeniably lectures will normally stop either this week or consequently the next. You know, 3 years running up and down the stairs working your butt to get to class in time at 8am with you looking like frankenstein with eyes the size of Saturn really leaves a permanent mark on yourself. I don't mean the eyes, maybe the facial part but that's not the point. The fundamental aspect here is that now classes will end for good, and the faces of our lecturers that haunts us every night and day for the past 3 years will no longer be....and in a way I'm not at any level happy. Hmm it's weird, this relationship thingy....

Dr. Zaleha concluded her class yesterday, but her message arrived kinda in the hectiness of people getting out of the tutorial room. "Oh, and by the way this will be your last class with me, for Medical and Agricultural Biotech okay...". To some people her words might be lenient to be given a thought but to others it may mean more than just a simple few sentences. I know that we've shared our memories of good and gruesome lecturers, with some lecturers coming and going but at the end of the day they've actually taught us something; that is to make someone out of ourselves. At the end of the day its up to us to make up for all their teachings and prove that we're worth their two hours of lectures every week, or three (or more) hours of practical each coming 7 days. Well it's kinda mixed emotions for me yesterday - sad for knowing that this'll be the last time Biotech class of '05 will be using the tutorial room, glad for knowing that no more waking up at early hours of the day and study, but terrified that the end is near; exams that is. Wonder if I'll ever say my thanks to them lecturers before leaving UMS....

Of course, Dr. Roziah's classes and practicals have long concluded last week...and Dr. Vijay's next week...ahh the anticipations..:-)

It's crazy this Valentine's Day...being with someone in the same course where everyone knows your together kinda raises some stigmas. "Eh, ko tak celebrate ke malam valentine's ni?" As if. Well I've been bombarded with these sort of questions the minute I stepped into class till the wee ends of the day. It's not that I'm not affectionate of my feelings for Fifah, I do - I love her dearly but again its a question of principal really. For me, expression of love should not be bound to one special day; it has to be shown every single day on any single valor you show to your special someone. Being extra romantic or extra luuvy-duvvy kinda on Valentine's day seems like sugar-coated love to me. It's kinda like you need an excuse to be romantic. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that people get extra loving during these course of the calendar but it's great to remind ourselves that it's not just Valentine's to be romantic. Make every day you have with him/her a Valentine's day so that she/he knows that your love is real, not some hype or infatuation that is beholdered by fashion celebrations chocolate companies manipulate to increase their pockets capacity. I wish every couple, young or old, married or getting to it or working to it a romantic Valentine's day this year. May you people be happy and grateful for each other's presence, all the best in making it work...remember, all is fair in love. For those fortunate to find love on this day, congrats and I extend my best wishes...

And to my beloved sweetheart, thanks for being the sweetest loving understanding partner one could dream of. Your undying love and tolerance for me I am so thankful of, and I cherish every single moment of us being together. I thank you for accepting me for who I am and for loving me the way you do. Happy Valentine's dearest...

Well, enough luvvy-duvvy stuff for today. Sometimes you just need to get it out of your system, know what I mean? Hah finally tommorow I'm going to watch Constantine with Fifah, mwahahaha.....Let's just hope that I'll get out of it without peeing in my pants. No, I mean it, it happened...*wink*wink*

Of course I was joking.

-JeP

No comments: