Monday, January 16, 2012

"The one about reminiscing Eid in January..."

I was ransacking through a few albums I took of the Malaysian community in Melbourne last year, and thought that I'd share the photo excerpts of our last Eid-ul-Adha celebrations. Malaysian may be known for many stigmas and associations, but lest there be one thing we're very good at - it's at making the most out of a current situation.

We all may be thousands of miles apart from our homeland and families, but we make do with the 'families' we've made in this temporary 'home' of ours. Hope these pictures show you how warm and wonderful the celebrations were.


The prominance of the Eid takbeer is most vivid during these times of congregation.






The customary Eid sermon.




















Fifah's grand attempt at recreating Eid classics - a venture she has excelled at, I must say.



Thanks for coming to our open-house, guys!


Children are to gatherings, as icing is to a cake. Their presence not only makes the festivities merrier, but their knacks and demeanor are nothing short of amusing; no celebration would ever be sweeter without their presence!










Sometimes whenever I miss those whom I love and miss back home, I reminisce the good friends and company I have here through these sightly reminders. Though they may never replace them, but it sure puts yourself in perspective; whenever God hands you lemons, you make lemonade of them.

-JeP

No comments: