Saturday, March 05, 2005

The study bunch, exam blunders and jump-start mechanics...

Today was a very tiring day, mentally....

Phew! First paper, first day of exams, and what a way to kick off our campaigns....exam was terrible. Imagine trying your best to finish seven essays on genetic engineering within a 2 hour 30 minutes timeline. If that's not bad enough, the questions were really tough; most of them required that we instill diagrams and pathways. So there we were, over a hundred Biotech students penning down what might be the bravest attempt in history to break the record of the most essays written in a limited timespan - I don't think we even had the time to catch a breath or two...well, there were people going in and out for toilet breaks but who can resist nature's call? I believe that each and every student walking out of the exam hall just now would agree that the time allocated was inevitably very short a duration for us to complete. Alas, at this point there's nothing left to do but pray and hope for the best....

But it's a waste really....

I've spent the last few days lounging in and out of the library to study for today's Genetic Engineering test. Yes it was a very annoyingly difficult subject and I was blessed to have my study bunch with me the past few days - more like study acquaintances really! There we were - Pak'Din, Balkis, Feeza, Erni, Hisham, Me and Fifah....raining cats and dogs in the library where we filled our time with discussions interluded by endless chatting. It'd be quite pressuring at times, when each of us would sprain a muscle debating on certain aspects such as why shoud a primer designed without GC rich contents at the 3' end? Or why microsats are single locus? The list goes on. But at the end of each day, I believe we've accomplished our goals...and at least today wasn't that bad as we imagined it would.

I love my friends with their unique personalities and individuals charisma...

It's a shame that the acquantainces and people I've learned to hold dear for the past three years will be leaving in three weeks. I mean, we've only been really close this semester...and now it's kinda like we don't have enough time with each other. A side of me yearns that this is not our final year and so we have another year to be together but the other side screams to move on with life.

I hate my split personalities.

Ah, just now was indeed an interesting facet in today. Fadil's car broke down in Anjung, when we were having dinner after Dr. V's paper. Me and Fifah got together with Feeza, Sab, Ida, Achim, Nafa, Erni along with Azfar and Fadil to munch our way out of enormous disgust of today's paper. It came to our suprise that Fadil's car broke down - it doesn't happen to him often you know. After a few minutes tweaking here and there; we came to a conclusion - let's just push-start the car! Of course this will look really weird if done in the midst of big crowds and that's the case we were in. But it was fun....the girls showing off some muscle power pushing the car - really helped since I'm not exactly The Hulk. Thanks a lot gals, you're the most sporting jump-start mechanics ever!

Oh, I've uploaded the MAGRA pics. Well, not all of them really. Will post more in the future.

Right now all I need is a bottle of isotonic's and Friends - there's bound to be another hilarious episode at 11pm tonight. Today's history and tommorow's a mystery....a mystery that I've no intensions on figuring out tonight.

-JeP

No comments: