Friday, February 25, 2005

Hot in Heere...

Today was H-O-T! Definitely nowadays Sabah has been hotter literally than ever.

I've read in the papers that a record temperature of 38.5°C has been recorded in KK, being the 2nd highest temperature ever in Malaysia for the past 20 years. Yep people, global warming and climate change effects are being much more evident...SouthEast Asia is living example of its catastrophic blunders. Enough with the tsunamis - now the glove is heating up!

Crazy weather here in Sabah, there hasn't been a single drop of rain for weeks (maybe months) and its definitely worrying. You can't go anywhere thesedays without sweating your butt off, and places without air-conditioning is definitely a no-no to go when the sun shines. So what else to do when you're in the leisure of your cool comforting room? Nothing but sleep and sleep! Talk about developing nocturnal behaviours...

Went to UMS today - its study week here, so the occurence of me driving under the blistering hot sun is definitely an achievement on its own. Checked LI responses from companies at the SST office but my efforts were to no avail. Still no reply! I'm beginning to think that these Swasta companies are kinda biased to taking undergrads for attachments. Anyways that wasn't my only agenda back in SST - Nafa was kind enough to tell me that UMS will be sending over around 20 ppl to Korea for LI, so they're opening submissions of resume of potential students. Forget that dateline's the 14th of Feb and I'm already a tad late but what the heck - I'm out of choices (as if I have any *sob*sob*) and I'm desperate. Well there I was in front of Dr. Z's office knocking till my knuckles were the sizes of snooker balls till I realised that it was 12.30pm - lunch time! Cheh, buang karan betul... so I ended up wandering around in SST till 2pm, went again but she wasn't there so I'd left my resume and documents at her box with a note. When I came back around 3pm she's still not there but coincidentally so are my documents and note! Talk about David Blaine sorcery at work....hahaha I just hope she took my documents and not akak cleaner...they're notorious for their upmost sterility, they clean up anything in their path. I bet if you'd threw a dead elephant in SST foyer they'd get rid of it squeaky clean in minutes. Heck - throw in everything you've got, mesti bersih punyer la....

Well, being the persistent lad I was today I came home without seeing anyone today...well I did see Kelvin although not so clear because I was waving to him who was 100 metres away. And there was Azfar...hmmm perhaps I'm just crapping myself out.

Ooo..have you guys seen my pics from Kudat? Spg Mengayau is just so beautiful...kinda gives me the glimpse of how Sabah was before independence. You haven't been to Sabah until you've experienced the spectacular scenery of the Tip of Borneo - tons and tons of sea sights and the breeze...just great! It's really windy here in Spg Mengayau, I think you could power a small house by wind energy there...I think Atiqah almost flew, or maybe its just my imagination perhaps? I can just sit there all day, well not these days because of the heat but given the right day and mood - it's just a taste of heaven here on earth....

Grandma and grandpa was also soooo romantic there, siap pegang2 tangan lagi tu!

During these last few days before the final battle proceedings in the exam halls I guess us Biotech students are just living in the moment...don't even think of us starting on Dr. V's mini-thesis that's due next Monday, we're just too laidback to do it now that we've just handed in our thesis last tuesday. And did I mention it's TWO mini-thesis? Good luck to my fellow brothers-and-sisters-in-arms....if we could survive the past migraine's then this will only be a mediocre headache, right?

Of course, we can only hope for the best....

I was talking to a dear friend this evening about life and ongoings in KL - she's a single mom, at an early age I must say. She told me something quite profound; that why we're always attracted to things that would cause us pain - its because the anticipation of the pain makes the journey before more meaningful and worthwhile. She endured great pain before and now that things are shaping up for the better of her, she couldn't hoped for a better past than hers. Of course she'd made mistakes - a very BIG one I might add but she's happy now, and she regards her cute daughter as more as a blessing than a mistake. Now that's a miracle.

I wish happiness to each and everyone that I hold dear in my heart - you know who you are.

This post is turning up to be quite long I can see...so I guess I'll pen-off here for now. Wanna tell you about MAGRA, but that's gonna be a treasure to be cherished in further posts. Now that's another story to tell....

Yet another day to thank God for.

-JeP

No comments: