Monday, February 28, 2005

The clock is ticking...the end is near, we've come a long way.

Yup 3rd year folks, it's that dreaded time of the semester again...

Deeming that this time would be the last of many exams we've had in UMS, I surely think that we should give it our best shot. I mean, let's for once do something for ourselves than for just getting through another 3-weeks of papers. Believe me, we've all come a long way...

For most of us, 1st paper starts in Friday...Dr. V's paper. While for others who were unfortunate enough might start their campaigns as early as tommorow. Regardless, I wish all of you the best of luck, and may we pass with flying colours instead of flying daggers this time!

And there's more...

Turns out I realised that after exams its still not the end of the road for us final year students. Uhuh, we still have VIVA presentations coming up from 21-26 March. Well now that's gonna be a scary encounter. Being in front of lecturers just dying to critise our work to its very core! I know mine will. My combination of judging panel is not so pretty - Dr. V, Dr. Roziah and Ms Teoh. So I'd suggest for those who're in a better boat than I am - cherish the advantage, do your best people!

Shah and peja's still opening options on Biotech's dinner location. Most people want it in fancy restaurants - I think Azfar proposed Tam Nak Thai and Lie steamboat in Kpg. Nelayan, so I guess there's gonna be a dinner gala after all. I thought we'd made up our minds on a picnic last time....well Fifah laid an interesting fact to me yesterday - that if it would be a dinner then there'd be a limited amount of time involved. You see, we UMS students are one of the very few varsities out there in the world that has a unique curfew - be back at campus before 11pm! So I guess if there would be a dinner gala then it would be 7-10pm, waaaay short a period of time to have fun...even if we got there sharply at 7pm and from past experiences I doubt it will happen.

So why not just do a picnic instead? It's gonna be much more fun without any pressure of dressing up...plus we can mandi laut!! Dunno about the location anyways, again, it's just an open opinion...

You know, I've realised that people do weird stuff while driving, or being in the car. Last thursday I was driving home from Karamunsing while munching on some cheezy wedges I bought from KFC. Imagine eating those chessy pleasures while maintaining a straight line. Hah boy that was hard. I kept getting cheese all over my hands and I must say I got my share of attention from bypassing traffic. But that wasn't the tip of the iceberg - we drivers shed our protective skin and lay out our worst traits while driving. There was this driver who's go and korek-korek hidung, then why not just flick his wax onto the dashboard? That's what he did. And there was this other driver who yawned so wide, I think we could fit a normal scale pepsi bottle in his mouth. And he didn't stop opening his mouth after 20 seconds. It's kinda weird you know, that these stuffs don't matter much while your driving. People just don't give a damn. Ironic, the stuffs you don't usually show people you'd show while driving in the middle of a freaking jam. Weird, but you know what's weirder? Me staring at all these people with chesse in my hands and cheese dripping from my mouth....:-)

The things people do...

You know, I've been doing my mini-thesis for quite some time now. Just finished the first mini-thesis and am working on my second. I'm hecticly trying to finish it by tonight - so that I have time to go main-main tommorow while everybody else's frantically finishing theirs....but I guess that'll never find reality. I hate writing thesises...(is there even such a word?)

Wish us luck people.

-JeP


No comments: